Quantcast

redirect after adding article to a page

Hi!
My users get redirected to the front page of the site after submitting a new node.

example:
https://www.nmbu.no/forskning/forskerutdanning/disputaser/nye/contents/add/umb_article
after save the users are sent to
https://www.nmbu.no/

irritating for all contributors to the site.
Any idea of where to look for a solution?

Best,
Øyvind Graham

Re: redirect after adding article to a page

Dan Wilga-2
Essentially, MM sets a hidden form element, '#mm_redirect' and then a
custom submit handler, mm_ui_form_redirect() to process it and set the
$form_state['redirect'] accordingly.

Either something is:
a) munging the hidden form element
b) munging the submit handler
or c) altering $form_state['redirect'] after MM has set it

I'd start by putting a "printf" at line 483 of mm_ui.inc, to make sure
control is getting there. Also, put one at lines 670, 695, and 696. That
should tell you what part is failing. Then, you just have to figure out
what module is doing it.

On 6/16/14, 8:45 AM, grahamtk wrote:

> Hi!
> My users get redirected to the front page of the site after submitting a new
> node.
>
> example:
> https://www.nmbu.no/forskning/forskerutdanning/disputaser/nye/contents/add/umb_article
> after save the users are sent to
> https://www.nmbu.no/
>
> irritating for all contributors to the site.
> Any idea of where to look for a solution?
>
> Best,
> Øyvind Graham

> or send a blank email to [hidden email]

Re: redirect after adding article to a page

grahamtk
I will check this out a bit closer,
but initial tests shows that some users with broader permissions don't get
redirected to frontpage but to the edited or added node.

I have tried to add permissions I can add to the affected role, but no luck
so far without giving to broad permissions.

Re: redirect after adding article to a page

I will check this out a bit closer,
but initial tests shows that some users with broader permissions don't get redirected to frontpage but to the edited or added node.

I have tried to add permissions I can add to the affected role, but no luck so far without giving to broad permissions.

Re: redirect after adding article to a page

I don't see any "#mm_redirect hidden element in the html of a node edit form.
I have checked both users where redirect works, and users that are redirected to the front page.
Any suggestions to where next to look?

Currently I don't see what the "mm_redirect" has to do with this behaviour, as it works for admin users without this element being rendered?