entity translation and MM

Hi! This time I am writing from a keyboard and not a phone! Hope this makes my message clearer :) I have tried to enable entity translation some days now. The problem is that I cannot find the tabs associated with the latest version of entity translation (7.x-1.0-beta3). in beta2 translating a node is presented as links in the forms of secondary tabs on the node edit form. The problem seems to be that I don't have any secondary navigation at all on the node edit or node add forms. (outputting the tabs variable on my node edit page gives empty results) This is my node edit page on a mm page: Would this be how mm is presenting the node edit page, or would it be an unwanted behaviour / introduced by some other module on my system or other local functionality/bug? If it is the intended behaviour of mm, is it possible to get entity translations to work with mm currently? The translation paths of entity translation are now ( node/%node/edit/ ) also node/%node/translate I think - but that might be deprecated because of the new tab links - i don't know because I haven't gotten the module to work yet. Even though I cannot see the translation tabs, nor get the translation links to work, it is installed and reacting.. here is the output of the tabs that the module tries to register on the edit page: (parts of the output array from the function localTasksAlter in /entity_translation/includes/translation.handler.inc ) array( array( '#theme' => 'menu_local_task', '#active' => TRUE, '#language_tab' => TRUE, '#link' => array( 'href' => 'node/800/edit/nb', 'title' => 'Norsk (bokmål)', 'weight' => '0', 'localized_options' => array( 'href' => 'node/800/edit/nb', 'title' => 'Bokmål Bokmål', 'attributes' => array( 'class' => array( 'language-link', ' session-active', ), 'lang' => 'nb', ), 'query' => array(), 'language' => (object) array( 'language' => 'nb', ), 'html' => TRUE, ), 'path' => 'mm/%/node/%/edit', Hope some of my searching for answers makes sense :) Cheers, Øyvind

Re: entity translation and MM

grahamtk
Maybe an easier approach would be to use i18n module /content translation
etc?
The site is non proportional when it comes to translated content - so most
content is in norwegian.
I understand that entity translation is best for sites with high proportion
of translated content.

best regards,
Øyvind

best regards,
Øyvind

Re: entity translation and MM

I haven't tried that module, but I suspect the problem could be that it is assuming the path has to be exactly "node/NNN/edit" and not "mm/NNN/node/NNN/edit". Look for calls to "arg()" in the menu handlers; if it uses that, it shouldn't.

We use other modules such as webform that do add tabs to the node edit form, so I know it's possible.

On 10/21/13 4:42 PM, grahamtk wrote:
[...]

grahamtktk
Seems you have insight into how the menu handlers can be made to handle arbitrary base paths, or at least more wildcards.
This thread is open for suggestions on how to achieve this:

If you have info that could solve this, it would really increase quality of both mm and entity translation or at least expanding use cases internationally!
Also, it seems i18n also has the same issues.
Mvh.
Øyvind Graham

Den 22. okt. 2013 kl. 19:41 skrev "Dan Wilga [via Monster Menus]" <[hidden email]>:

[...]

http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/entity-translation-and-MM-tp7572793p7572798.html
To start a new topic under Monster Menus, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Monster Menus, click here.
NAML