The tree browser

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

The tree browser

grahamtk
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
I have a question regarding the page selector / tree browser.
Is it just me or is the tree browser only working in chrome?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: The tree browser

Jay Dansand
The current stable version of MM works for me in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 7.  Just about the one problem area is IE, where the width is screwy.  I tried the tree browsers under page permissions -> add group, node -> pages, and page -> move/copy destination.

Do you have jQuery Update installed?  I just checked and setting using jQuery Update to upgrade to 1.7 or 1.8 breaks the tree browser in Firefox (I didn't test any other browser).  Setting it down to 1.5 seems to still work.



Regards,
Jay Dansand, LU '08

--
.-.   .-..-.   Senior Web Application Developer
| |__ | || |   Lawrence University ITS
`----'`----'   Office: 920-832-6585
               Fax: 920-832-7693
               E-mail: [hidden email]

-----Original Message-----
From: grahamtk [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2013 4:28 AM
To: Monster Menus Development
Subject: The tree browser

I have a question regarding the page selector / tree browser.
Is it just me or is the tree browser only working in chrome?





--
View this message in context: http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/The-tree-browser-tp7572809.html
Sent from the Monster Menus mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---
You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].
To unsubscribe click here: http://lists.middlebury.edu/u?id=849053.214f550f57fa54a976b5f2d087b6d379&n=T&l=monster_menus&o=695084
or send a blank email to [hidden email]

---
You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].
To unsubscribe click here: http://lists.middlebury.edu/u?id=685503.6b071f880fe6a965a128164e6d09ea81&n=T&l=monster_menus&o=695086
or send a blank email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The tree browser

McBride, Ian S.
In reply to this post by grahamtk
With the caveat that we¹re still on D6, it¹s been working for us in all
browsers except for Internet Explorer. That broke when we updated our
version of jQuery to 1.6 and then 1.7. I made some furtive attempts to fix
it under the new version of jQuery, but after several days of
*tremendously* fun JavaScript debugging in IE gave up and moved on to
something else.

Are you running the default version of jQuery and having this issue?

On 11/15/13, 5:28 AM, "grahamtk" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I have a question regarding the page selector / tree browser.
>Is it just me or is the tree browser only working in chrome?
>
>
>
>
>
>--
>View this message in context:
>http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/The-tree-browser-tp7572809.html
>Sent from the Monster Menus mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].
>To unsubscribe click here:
>http://lists.middlebury.edu/u?id=685439.7e7cbccf9bb225cf8471bffe1cb67503&n
>=T&l=monster_menus&o=695084
>or send a blank email to
>[hidden email]


---
You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].
To unsubscribe click here: http://lists.middlebury.edu/u?id=685503.6b071f880fe6a965a128164e6d09ea81&n=T&l=monster_menus&o=695092
or send a blank email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The tree browser

Dan Wilga-2
In reply to this post by grahamtk
I frequently switch between Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on the Mac and
have not had any problems with the tree browser. Check the error console
(or, better, Firebug) in FF.

On 11/15/13 5:28 AM, grahamtk wrote:
> I have a question regarding the page selector / tree browser.
> Is it just me or is the tree browser only working in chrome?
>


---
You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].
To unsubscribe click here: http://lists.middlebury.edu/u?id=685503.6b071f880fe6a965a128164e6d09ea81&n=T&l=monster_menus&o=695089
or send a blank email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The tree browser

grahamtk
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by McBride, Ian S.
Hi!
I just had time to check if I use jQuery Update, and yes:
jQuery Update jQuery 1.5.2 and jQuery UI 1.8.11
Is this an appropriate version?

These errors appear in firefox when opening the tree browser:
[11:10:18.520] TypeError: c.defaultView.getComputedStyle(...) is null @ https://wwv.umb.no/profiles/umbremix/modules/jquery_update/replace/jquery/jquery.min.js?v=1.5.2:16
[11:10:18.562] Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. @ https://wwv.umb.no/profiles/umbremix/modules/jquery_update/replace/jquery/jquery.min.js?v=1.5.2:16


Thanks, 
Øyvind

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Ian McBride [via Monster Menus] <[hidden email]> wrote:
With the caveat that we¹re still on D6, it¹s been working for us in all
browsers except for Internet Explorer. That broke when we updated our
version of jQuery to 1.6 and then 1.7. I made some furtive attempts to fix
it under the new version of jQuery, but after several days of
*tremendously* fun JavaScript debugging in IE gave up and moved on to
something else.

Are you running the default version of jQuery and having this issue?

On 11/15/13, 5:28 AM, "grahamtk" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I have a question regarding the page selector / tree browser.
>Is it just me or is the tree browser only working in chrome?
>
>
>
>
>
>--
>View this message in context:
>http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/The-tree-browser-tp7572809.html
>Sent from the Monster Menus mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].
>To unsubscribe click here:
>http://lists.middlebury.edu/u?id=685439.7e7cbccf9bb225cf8471bffe1cb67503&n
>=T&l=monster_menus&o=695084
>or send a blank email to
>[hidden email]


---
You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].
To unsubscribe click here: http://lists.middlebury.edu/u?id=685503.6b071f880fe6a965a128164e6d09ea81&n=T&l=monster_menus&o=695092

or send a blank email to [hidden email]



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/The-tree-browser-tp7572809p7572813.html
To start a new topic under Monster Menus, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Monster Menus, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: The tree browser

grahamtk
In reply to this post by McBride, Ian S.
Hi!
I just had time to check if I use jQuery Update, and yes:
jQuery Update jQuery 1.5.2 and jQuery UI 1.8.11
Is this an appropriate version?

These errors appear in firefox when opening the tree browser:
[11:10:18.520] TypeError: c.defaultView.getComputedStyle(...) is null @ https://wwv.umb.no/profiles/umbremix/modules/jquery_update/replace/jquery/jquery.min.js?v=1.5.2:16
[11:10:18.562] Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. @ https://wwv.umb.no/profiles/umbremix/modules/jquery_update/replace/jquery/jquery.min.js?v=1.5.2:16


Thanks, 
Øyvind

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Ian McBride [via Monster Menus] <[hidden email]> wrote:
With the caveat that we¹re still on D6, it¹s been working for us in all
browsers except for Internet Explorer. That broke when we updated our
version of jQuery to 1.6 and then 1.7. I made some furtive attempts to fix
it under the new version of jQuery, but after several days of
*tremendously* fun JavaScript debugging in IE gave up and moved on to
something else.

Are you running the default version of jQuery and having this issue?

On 11/15/13, 5:28 AM, "grahamtk" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I have a question regarding the page selector / tree browser.
>Is it just me or is the tree browser only working in chrome?
>
>
>
>
>
>--
>View this message in context:
>http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/The-tree-browser-tp7572809.html
>Sent from the Monster Menus mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].
>To unsubscribe click here:
>http://lists.middlebury.edu/u?id=685439.7e7cbccf9bb225cf8471bffe1cb67503&n
>=T&l=monster_menus&o=695084
>or send a blank email to
>[hidden email]


---
You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].
To unsubscribe click here: http://lists.middlebury.edu/u?id=685503.6b071f880fe6a965a128164e6d09ea81&n=T&l=monster_menus&o=695092

or send a blank email to [hidden email]



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/The-tree-browser-tp7572809p7572813.html
To start a new topic under Monster Menus, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Monster Menus, click here.
NAML



View this message in context: Re: The tree browser
Sent from the Monster Menus mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---

You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].

To unsubscribe click here: http://lists.middlebury.edu/u?id=685503.6b071f880fe6a965a128164e6d09ea81&n=T&l=monster_menus&o=695184

(It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is broken)

or send a blank email to [hidden email]

Loading...