Scheduled publishing, how to set up

grahamtk
Hi!
We canot get scheduled publishing of nodes to work.

we have tried it on a vanilla drupal install with monster menus and can only
get nodes to publish by using the publish button. Not on a later time. (
cron is setup and we tried both with and without the scheduler module).

Any help much appreciated.

Best regards,
Øyvind

Re: Scheduled publishing, how to set up

McBride, Ian S.
The way that we handle this is to have the content set to publish automatically (via the "Publishing Options" setting in /admin/structure/types/manage/page, for example) and then use the Monster Menus "Publish On" / "Unpublish On" settings to allow editors to control publication schedules, if they desire.

Ian McBride
Web Technologies & Services
Middlebury College

SV: Scheduled publishing, how to set up

So what you say is it works out of the box for you?
I cannot get the nodes to publish on a later time, only right now ( upon pressing the publish button beside the save button).

We can publish nodes alright, but they dont publish on a scheduled time.

Øyvind

RE: Scheduled publishing, how to set up

Hilary Caws-Elwitt
A side note in case it helps anyone else: unless a role has the "Bypass content access control" permission, users with that role can't see/edit unpublished content they don't own even if they have "Edit any content" on the node type.
--
Hilary Caws-Elwitt
IT Analyst - Five Colleges, Inc. - http://www.fivecolleges.edu

SV: Scheduled publishing, how to set up

to me it looks like mm scheduled publishing doesnt affect the published status of a node,
but affects the sql of node listings on mm pages, and also is available as a value in views to filter by.

Is this correct? Cannot find any connection between scheduled publishing code of mm and cron for instance.
The scheduler module is triggered by cron to change the published status of nodes on the time set in the schedule fields.

thanks.
Øyvind

Re: Scheduled publishing, how to set up

Correct. MM's publish on / unpublish on is separate from the Drupal entity's published status.

SV: Scheduled publishing, how to set up

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Its not separated though, because of a field naming conflict, it uses the same names of date fields that the scheduler module uses,
so its not possible to use scheduler module and mm at the same time.

we use a lot of views and other contrib modules that need to know if a node is published or not, so we need to use scheduler that really publishes or unpublishes a node.

Øyvind

Correct. MM's publish on / unpublish on is separate from the Drupal entity's published status.

Re: Scheduled publishing, how to set up

I see the dilemma there. While this won't work with most of the contrib modules, there are filter handlers for Views in the mm_views sub-module that you can enable.