Reorder (nodes and sub pages) max 100

Happy new year to all MM developers!

I am meeting the roof of 100 items to reorder on our news pages.
This seems to be set in the constant 'MM_UI_MAX_REORDER_ITEMS'

Alas also using an archive to narrow down the number per page disables sorting.

What is the reason for the limitation? is it related to this core issue?
Reordering fails with more than 100 items in a menu <https://www.drupal.org/node/1007746>
It seems to have a solution, but it is currently on "Needs review".

Best regards,
Øyvind

Re: Reorder (nodes and sub pages) max 100

Dan Wilga-2
Hello,

I had actually chosen the limit arbitrarily, because the UI becomes
pretty hard to use with that many items. I wasn't even aware of the bug
you mentioned.

I suppose you could change the limit in MM and apply the patch, but this
is not something I would consider making permanent in MM.

On 1/9/15 9:35 AM, grahamtk wrote:

> Happy new year to all MM developers!
>
> I am meeting the roof of 100 items to reorder on our news pages.
> This seems to be set in the constant 'MM_UI_MAX_REORDER_ITEMS'
>
> Alas also using an archive to narrow down the number per page disables
> sorting.
>
> What is the reason for the limitation? is it related to this core issue?
> Reordering fails with more than 100 items in a menu
> <https://www.drupal.org/node/1007746>
> It seems to have a solution, but it is currently on "Needs review".

RE: Reorder (nodes and sub pages) max 100

For what it's worth, we patched that to 250 in our Drupal 6 site and it seems to be working.

I agree with Dan that 100 is a more than reasonable default.

Ian McBride
[hidden email]
skype: [hidden email]
Web Technologies & Services
Information Technology Services
Middlebury College

I had actually chosen the limit arbitrarily, because the UI becomes pretty hard to use with that many items. I wasn't even aware of the bug you mentioned.

I suppose you could change the limit in MM and apply the patch, but this is not something I would consider making permanent in MM.

On 1/9/15 9:35 AM, grahamtk wrote:

> Happy new year to all MM developers!
>
> I am meeting the roof of 100 items to reorder on our news pages.
> This seems to be set in the constant 'MM_UI_MAX_REORDER_ITEMS'
>
> Alas also using an archive to narrow down the number per page disables
> sorting.
>
> What is the reason for the limitation? is it related to this core issue?
> Reordering fails with more than 100 items in a menu
> <https://www.drupal.org/node/1007746>
> It seems to have a solution, but it is currently on "Needs review".

Re: Reorder (nodes and sub pages) max 100

I see. Thank you. Why does activating the archive page setting disable the reorder page? Do you have some advice to a way of making storting of non-archived nodes possible?

Mvh.
Øyvind Graham

Den 9. jan. 2015 kl. 16.31 skrev Dan Wilga [via Monster Menus] <[hidden email]>:

Hello,

I had actually chosen the limit arbitrarily, because the UI becomes
pretty hard to use with that many items. I wasn't even aware of the bug
you mentioned.

I suppose you could change the limit in MM and apply the patch, but this
is not something I would consider making permanent in MM.

On 1/9/15 9:35 AM, grahamtk wrote:

> Happy new year to all MM developers!
>
> I am meeting the roof of 100 items to reorder on our news pages.
> This seems to be set in the constant 'MM_UI_MAX_REORDER_ITEMS'
>
> Alas also using an archive to narrow down the number per page disables
> sorting.
>
> What is the reason for the limitation? is it related to this core issue?
> Reordering fails with more than 100 items in a menu
> <https://www.drupal.org/node/1007746>
> It seems to have a solution, but it is currently on "Needs review".

http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/Reorder-nodes-and-sub-pages-max-100-tp7573024p7573026.html
To start a new topic under Monster Menus, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Monster Menus, click here.
NAML

Re: Reorder (nodes and sub pages) max 100

I see. Thank you. Why does activating the archive page setting disable the reorder page? Do you have some advice to a way of making storting of non-archived nodes possible?

Mvh.
Øyvind Graham

Den 9. jan. 2015 kl. 16.31 skrev Dan Wilga [via Monster Menus] <[hidden email]>:

Hello,

I had actually chosen the limit arbitrarily, because the UI becomes
pretty hard to use with that many items. I wasn't even aware of the bug
you mentioned.

I suppose you could change the limit in MM and apply the patch, but this
is not something I would consider making permanent in MM.

On 1/9/15 9:35 AM, grahamtk wrote:

> Happy new year to all MM developers!
>
> I am meeting the roof of 100 items to reorder on our news pages.
> This seems to be set in the constant 'MM_UI_MAX_REORDER_ITEMS'
>
> Alas also using an archive to narrow down the number per page disables
> sorting.
>
> What is the reason for the limitation? is it related to this core issue?
> Reordering fails with more than 100 items in a menu
> <https://www.drupal.org/node/1007746>
> It seems to have a solution, but it is currently on "Needs review".

http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/Reorder-nodes-and-sub-pages-max-100-tp7573024p7573026.html
To start a new topic under Monster Menus, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Monster Menus, click here.
NAML

Re: Reorder (nodes and sub pages) max 100

Using the archive feature implies that you want a strict sort based on date, which is not compatible with the idea of user-defined node sorting.

On 1/9/15 10:41 AM, grahamtk wrote:
I see. Thank you. Why does activating the archive page setting disable the reorder page? Do you have some advice to a way of making storting of non-archived nodes possible?

Mvh.
Øyvind Graham

Den 9. jan. 2015 kl. 16.31 skrev Dan Wilga [via Monster Menus] <[hidden email]>:

Hello,

I had actually chosen the limit arbitrarily, because the UI becomes
pretty hard to use with that many items. I wasn't even aware of the bug
you mentioned.

I suppose you could change the limit in MM and apply the patch, but this
is not something I would consider making permanent in MM.

On 1/9/15 9:35 AM, grahamtk wrote:

> Happy new year to all MM developers!
>
> I am meeting the roof of 100 items to reorder on our news pages.
> This seems to be set in the constant 'MM_UI_MAX_REORDER_ITEMS'
>
> Alas also using an archive to narrow down the number per page disables
> sorting.
>
> What is the reason for the limitation? is it related to this core issue?
> Reordering fails with more than 100 items in a menu
> <https://www.drupal.org/node/1007746>
> It seems to have a solution, but it is currently on "Needs review".

Re: Reorder (nodes and sub pages) max 100

News are a combination of date and priority, so most news front pages are both cronologically sorted with some editor provided sorting, however still most online newspapers have strictly cronological sorting in the news archive.

So i think user sorting of non archived nodes is a widely adopted practice. So, no, in many sites, and our site, a page with an archive does not imply strictly date based sorting.

Mvh.
Øyvind Graham

http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/Reorder-nodes-and-sub-pages-max-100-tp7573024p7573030.html
NAML

Re: Reorder (nodes and sub pages) max 100

News are a combination of date and priority, so most news front pages are both cronologically sorted with some editor provided sorting, however still most online newspapers have strictly cronological sorting in the news archive.

So i think user sorting of non archived nodes is a widely adopted practice. So, no, in many sites, and our site, a page with an archive does not imply strictly date based sorting.

Mvh.
Øyvind Graham

Den 9. jan. 2015 kl. 16.49 skrev Dan Wilga [via Monster Menus] <[hidden email]>:

Using the archive feature implies that you want a strict sort based on date, which is not compatible with the idea of user-defined node sorting.

On 1/9/15 10:41 AM, grahamtk wrote:
I see. Thank you. Why does activating the archive page setting disable the reorder page? Do you have some advice to a way of making storting of non-archived nodes possible?

Mvh.
Øyvind Graham

Den 9. jan. 2015 kl. 16.31 skrev Dan Wilga [via Monster Menus] <[hidden email]>:

Hello,

I had actually chosen the limit arbitrarily, because the UI becomes
pretty hard to use with that many items. I wasn't even aware of the bug
you mentioned.

I suppose you could change the limit in MM and apply the patch, but this
is not something I would consider making permanent in MM.

On 1/9/15 9:35 AM, grahamtk wrote:

> Happy new year to all MM developers!
>
> I am meeting the roof of 100 items to reorder on our news pages.
> This seems to be set in the constant 'MM_UI_MAX_REORDER_ITEMS'
>
> Alas also using an archive to narrow down the number per page disables
> sorting.
>
> What is the reason for the limitation? is it related to this core issue?
> Reordering fails with more than 100 items in a menu
> <https://www.drupal.org/node/1007746>
> It seems to have a solution, but it is currently on "Needs review".

http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/Reorder-nodes-and-sub-pages-max-100-tp7573024p7573030.html
To start a new topic under Monster Menus, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Monster Menus, click here.
NAML

Re: Reorder (nodes and sub pages) max 100

Well, you could have each node appear both on a page with the archive setting enabled and a regular page where the order is chosen by the content creator.

On 1/9/15 11:04 AM, grahamtk wrote:
News are a combination of date and priority, so most news front pages are both cronologically sorted with some editor provided sorting, however still most online newspapers have strictly cronological sorting in the news archive.

So i think user sorting of non archived nodes is a widely adopted practice. So, no, in many sites, and our site, a page with an archive does not imply strictly date based sorting.

Mvh.
Øyvind Graham

Den 9. jan. 2015 kl. 16.49 skrev Dan Wilga [via Monster Menus] <[hidden email]>:

Using the archive feature implies that you want a strict sort based on date, which is not compatible with the idea of user-defined node sorting.

On 1/9/15 10:41 AM, grahamtk wrote:
I see. Thank you. Why does activating the archive page setting disable the reorder page? Do you have some advice to a way of making storting of non-archived nodes possible?

Mvh.
Øyvind Graham

Den 9. jan. 2015 kl. 16.31 skrev Dan Wilga [via Monster Menus] <[hidden email]>:

Hello,

I had actually chosen the limit arbitrarily, because the UI becomes
pretty hard to use with that many items. I wasn't even aware of the bug
you mentioned.

I suppose you could change the limit in MM and apply the patch, but this
is not something I would consider making permanent in MM.

On 1/9/15 9:35 AM, grahamtk wrote:

> Happy new year to all MM developers!
>
> I am meeting the roof of 100 items to reorder on our news pages.
> This seems to be set in the constant 'MM_UI_MAX_REORDER_ITEMS'
>
> Alas also using an archive to narrow down the number per page disables
> sorting.
>
> What is the reason for the limitation? is it related to this core issue?
> Reordering fails with more than 100 items in a menu
> <https://www.drupal.org/node/1007746>
> It seems to have a solution, but it is currently on "Needs review".

http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/Reorder-nodes-and-sub-pages-max-100-tp7573024p7573030.html
To start a new topic under Monster Menus, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Monster Menus, click here.
NAML

Re: Reorder (nodes and sub pages) max 100

Thats an option, but it would meet the same limit of 100 news items ( we produce 100 items in under half a year. So how we do it now is using manual archiving many times a year.

We are considering engaging Consulting Drupal developers to develop this for us to be able to use automatic archive function in combination with sorting (it may be added as a sub setting of the archive function, "enable sorting of non-archived nodes") would you have any advice for the developers of such a function? Would you be interested in including this as a contribution?

Best regards.
Øyvind

http://monster-menus.2910260.n2.nabble.com/Reorder-nodes-and-sub-pages-max-100-tp7573024p7573033.html
NAML