Re: Default mmtid for bid 2

Dan Wilga-2
At 9:20 AM -0400 8/4/09, McBride, Ian wrote:

>In mm_tree_block by default, bid 2 is associated with mmtid 11,
>which is the Upper left picture "default-image" node. However, bid 2
>is Text for right column, while bid 3 is Upper left picture. I've
>attached a patch to the install file that replaces bid 2 with bid 3
>in mm_tree_block.
>
>The behavior I was noticing that led me to make this change is that
>I'd enabled the Text for right column block for one of our themes,
>but not the Upper left image block. In the region where TFRC was
>enabled there was then a link to the "default-image" page at the
>site root, which would have allowed people to add right column
>content to it. Making this change requires users to create a page
>with TFRC set in menu appearance before they see the edit link and
>ensures that the edit link goes to the TFRC page they created.

Thanks for finding this, Ian. Unfortunately, because we use a
different block order, we can't apply this patch as written. The
hook_update would screw up every one of our sites.

Instead, in r3186:3187, I have changed the order of blocks 2 & 3 in
the initial setup to match what we use. Since you are the only other
users, there's no need for an update hook. However, I suggest you
remove this patch from your .install file, since your hook_update
sequence numbers are now out of sync with svn. (This is also going to
affect the subpglist patch, but I'll take care of that.)
--
Dan Wilga                                 [hidden email]
Web System Administrator/Programmer             http://www.amherst.edu

RE: Default mmtid for bid 2

McBride, Ian S.
Noted. Thank you for the explanation. I see why this occurred now.