Monster Menu and links in View Results?

ttronslien
I'm not sure if this a Monster Menu or a Views 3 thing. I've been searching for solution blaming it on the view but without any results.

When I have a view that returns links it seem to add node/nid

The result set takes the following format
academics/undergraduate-programs/orillia/anthropology/node/14

However, navigating the pages with Monster Menu, the URL looks like this
academics/undergraduate-programs/orillia/anthropology/

Both results load the same page so that is not really an issue, I just find it to look extremely untidy.

Anybody out there with a trick or tip as to how I can tidy it up?

Tove Tronslien, MSc, Informatics
Manager, Web Development Services
Lakehead University
Thunder Bay | Orillia, Ontario, Canada
[hidden email]
(807) 343-8499

Re: Monster Menu and links in View Results?

Dan Wilga-2
Hi Tove,

This is pretty much a case of things working as designed. When you have
a view that returns a list of nodes, and use one of the built-in views
handlers to generate a URL to those nodes, it generates an internal link
to "node/14". MM sees this, figures out which page node 14 lives on, and
prepends that to the path. It has no way of knowing that you'd rather
not have the node/14 part at all, just for this one case.

The best way around this would be to write a new MM-aware field handler
which takes an nid, looks up its container's mmtid, and returns a link
to that container (simply "mm/mmtid"). An obvious place to add this
would be in mm_views. Call it something like "Link to a node's
containing page".

--
Dan Wilga                                 [hidden email]
Web System Administrator/Programmer             http://www.amherst.edu

Re: Monster Menu and links in View Results?

ttronslien
Will give it a go. Thanks for speedy and detailed reply.

It's always great to get confirmation coding works as designed :)

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Dan Wilga <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Amherst College                                      Tel: <a href="tel:413-542-2175" value="+14135422175" target="_blank">413-542-2175
Amherst, MA  01002