Quantcast

MM permission (not working as I hoped)

ttronslien
Good morning all.

As the subject title indicates, the Monster Menu permission is not working as I hoped - this is likely not be a bug with the system, but I thought I would ask what you have done in order to address the issue with permission.

I've had a team help me build the site. The team consist of administrators with full access rights to pages and content. As we now are adding more users and groups I'm running into the following.

A new user is added
The user is added to a group
- so far so good.

I find the page (aka tree) I'd like the group to have rights to add, edit, and remove content (aka nodes and pages).

I go to setting and I give the group rights to append sub pages, add content, and read. I check Copy these permissions to all-sub-pages of this page and Copy these permissions to all content on this page. I do not give them rights to Delete/Change Settings.

And I save.

While the group now can append sub pages and add content - they can not edit the nodes that already exist on the pages.

I went in to the node on top level of the tree that this group has access to. Gave the group edit/delete rights to the node. Went to settings - applied the settings as above - and saved. I was hoping that the edit/delete right on the node would be replicated down the tree - however the groups edit/delete rights were revoked from the node.

Do we have to go into each node and assign the group the edit/delete rights or is there a way that this can be assigned for all nodes/content in a particular tree (without giving them full rights to manage settings on the tree)?

Any input is highly appreciated. In advance, thank you.

Tove Tronslien, MSc, Informatics
Manager, Web Development Services
Lakehead University
Thunder Bay | Orillia, Ontario, Canada
[hidden email]
(807) 343-8499

Re: MM permission (not working as I hoped)

Dan Wilga-2
Hi Tove,

There is an issue here:

   http://drupal.org/node/1650630

which includes a patch that has not yet made it into a final release. I
believe this will fix your problem. You can find the exact commit here:

   http://drupalcode.org/project/monster_menus.git/commit/0d98b02f

--
Dan Wilga                                 [hidden email]
Web System Administrator/Programmer             http://www.amherst.edu