Quantcast

MM export and import revisited

Hi!
achieving dev stage prod environment (preferably with features and make scripts) with monster menus sites?

How would you go about exporting mm pages with corresponding nodes and importing them to a new site build?

Ofcourse given compatibility between the two drupal sites.

Cheers!

Re: MM export and import revisited

Adam Franco
Administrator
I don't haven't given any real thought to content staging if that is what you are after. Content staging has been a challenge in Drupal due to the heavy usage of auto-increment ids.

If all you are interested is code staging (and content types, settings), then Features and Strongarm should get you most of the way. Simply dump our production database to staging sites, then apply new content types/settings with Features. Of course the content itself would need to be recreated in the production database.

That said, if you want to export an MM tree and import it into another site, I've created a pair of modules to do so:
I use these modules to bulk-create trees of MM pages and nodes for course sites based on a template, but they could be used to replicate a large MM tree to another site.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to updating them for D7 yet, but I'd welcome assistance on that front if you think you'd find them useful.

Adam

--

Adam Franco
Senior Software Engineer - Web Applications

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 5:08 AM, grahamtk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!
achieving dev stage prod environment (preferably with features and make
scripts) with monster menus sites?

How would you go about exporting mm pages with corresponding nodes and
importing them to a new site build?

Ofcourse given compatibility between the two drupal sites.

Cheers!

RE: MM export and import revisited

FWIW, with the UUID API in core for Drupal 8 we'll be able to achieve native portability (in theory) by either making MM pages into entities or by implementing the UUID API and using those instead of mmtids. There'd still need to be an export/import process to prune branches of the tree, as Adam's modules do, but we won't need to worry about collisions in mm_tree and associated tables.

________________________________
I don't haven't given any real thought to content staging if that is what you are after. Content staging has been a challenge in Drupal due to the heavy usage of auto-increment ids<https://groups.drupal.org/node/216414>.

NodePorter<https://drupal.org/sandbox/adamfranco/1475756>
MMPorter<https://drupal.org/sandbox/adamfranco/1475768>
I use these modules to bulk-create trees of MM pages and nodes for course sites based on a template, but they could be used to replicate a large MM tree to another site.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to updating them for D7 yet, but I'd welcome assistance on that front if you think you'd find them useful.

Adam

--

Adam Franco
Senior Software Engineer - Web Applications
Library and Information Services
Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
802.443.2244

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 5:08 AM, grahamtk <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi!
achieving dev stage prod environment (preferably with features and make
scripts) with monster menus sites?

How would you go about exporting mm pages with corresponding nodes and
importing them to a new site build?

Ofcourse given compatibility between the two drupal sites.

Cheers!

or send a blank email to [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

---

You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>.

or send a blank email to [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>