How to sort content by department

grahamtk
Hi!
currently the content editors and contributors are rather organisationally
minded.
Our users want to add content to "their" pages. I would like to ask the
users of monster menus how or if you can search by "department"? I want to
search in content on the page but I would like to be able to show what
department any node or page searched belongs.

Also - how do you search your pages? Is it possible to combine apache solr
and facets with monster menu pages?