How to sort content by department

Hi!
currently the content editors and contributors are rather organisationally minded.
Our users want to add content to "their" pages. I would like to ask the users of monster menus how or if you can search by "department"? I want to search in content on the page but I would like to be able to show what department any node or page searched belongs.

Also - how do you search your pages? Is it possible to combine apache solr and facets with monster menu pages?

Re: How to sort content by department

ttronslien
We solved this by creating a Taxonomy list with Departments.

A department is applied to various content types such as
  •    User Content Type
  •    Page Content Type
  •    And indirectly to folder for file uploads (used to limit where users upload files so that a certain organization is happening in the file structure)
Then I have a view that takes the parameter department and I have hidden node with the view that passes the department name hence listing "their page"

Tove Tronslien, MSc, Informatics
Manager, Web Development Services
Lakehead University
Thunder Bay | Orillia, Ontario, Canada