Creating and managing Groups in 7.x

Erik Moore
Hello everyone,

We are looking into Monster Menus and Drupal for our public site. I've been tinkering with MM and finding MM quite valuable. I'm looking at the Groups functionality and am having difficulty with how to create and manage groups. Is there an article or documentation that helps with this?

Thanks,

Erik Moore

Re: Creating and managing Groups in 7.x

Dan Wilga-2
Hi Erik,

The most important thing you may be missing is where to go in the tree
to add groups:  http://yoursite.com/groups

Once there, it's a tree structure, just like it is for pages. You create
sub-groups just like you do sub-pages. The groups have permissions for
who can edit the group and see its members.

Predefined groups (also called virtual groups) use a database query to
define the members. Anything created under this branch of the groups
tree uses a slightly different setup page, which lets you define that query.

If you have any more specific questions, let me know.

On 3/19/14, 4:11 PM, Erik Moore wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We are looking into Monster Menus and Drupal for our public site. I've been tinkering with MM and finding MM quite valuable. I'm looking at the Groups functionality and am having difficulty with how to create and manage groups. Is there an article or documentation that helps with this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik Moore

Re: Creating and managing Groups in 7.x

Erik Moore
Hi Dan,

Thanks very much for the insight. And yes, I was missing that piece of the puzzle. For some reason I was looking too hard and in the wrong place.

Thanks again!

Erik~