Content translation ( i18n module) and mm

Content translation ( i18n module) and mm

I am having some progress when it comes to translation of nodes on mm pages. Nnodes that are translations of each other are displayed on the same page, ( both are assigned to the same page of course) but both are shown even if the current site language is norwegian, and I have checked the (correct?) checkbox in content selection module: Cheers, √ėyvind Graham

Re: Content translation ( i18n module) and mm

Dan Wilga-2
I haven't tried the i18n module, but I can definitely see why MM is
doing this. As far as it's concerned, it's just asking for all nodes
appearing on a page, regardless of language. I'll bet there would be
lots of places this would have to change, if a language setting was to
be obeyed. Otherwise, things like pagination would be affected.

Hm. Perhaps the i18n module is using query alters to achieve what it's
doing. It wouldn't know to look for MM's queries, if that was the case.

It's too bad this has to be done with multiple nodes. The way D7's
entity system works, it's theoretically possible to have multiple
versions of the same field (body, title, etc.) within each node. That
way, any fields that share data across languages don't have to be
duplicated, only the fields that need translation have to be duplicated.
That would solve the problem of it not working with MM, too.

On 11/8/13 6:39 AM, grahamtk wrote:
> I am having some progress when it comes to translation of nodes on mm
> pages. Nnodes that are translations of each other are displayed on the
> same page, ( both are assigned to the same page of course) but both
> are shown even if the current site language is norwegian, and I have
> checked the (correct?) checkbox in content selection module:

Re: Content translation ( i18n module) and mm

grahamtk
Thanks for your feedback!

Well - I would also have prefered the entity translation way. However, it
too doesn't support more than one wildcard in url pattens.
I could have done though, as is discussed in the drupal.org thread linked in
this mail,
I hope someone who knows a bit about how this works in the modules that
achieves this, could share this in this thread:
https://drupal.org/node/1092332

Examples of modules that actually accepts flexible paths would probably be
welcome too, I understand webform does.

We have for now landed on doing internationalization by creating separate
parts in the menu tree for each language,
and using mm blocks as glue between sections of the site,
as well as introducing fields for linking to related translated content.

Weekend cheers.

Weekend cheers.

Re: Content translation ( i18n module) and mm

grahamtk
by the way:
could someone with mailinglist permissions, help me with my subscription? My
mails seems to be duplicated,
I think maybe I may have clicked too many times on subscribe or something.
And the nabble.com list-archive webpage keeps asking me to subscribe each
time I write a message here.
Thanks!