After updating 7.x-1.18 no more page feed, and rss feed sort is backwards

After updating 7.x-1.18 no more page feed, and rss feed sort is backwards

Hi!
Is this just affecting our site, www.nmbu.no?

A rss page won't display mm page feeds anymore ( pick a mm page with tree browser) and when displaying a rss feed the items show up with the five newest items, but with the oldest of these five items on top. ( news are usually sorted from newest to older.
Example with news page and feed side by side:
http://www.nmbu.no/student/aktuelt

Our rss feed:
www.nmbu.no/rssfeed/3412/rss.xml
is sorted by newest to older.
( where 3412 is the mmtid of the page with the nodes)

I am not using the mm rss feed because I could not figure out how to add images to the regular drupal feed ( www.nmbu.no/path/to/mmpage/feed ) so I made a more advanced feed with the views_rss module using mm_views integration.  ( I also had problems with html markup from field templates in the output of the fields configured with the standard drupal feed, which was by design I suspect, as rss 2.0 allows markup in rss items.

I also had to change the sorting of the new rss feed to use updated date because sorting by rss page weight or rss node weight didn't affect the rss page ordering - as they now use date from rss item and not the sorting of the rss items in the rss feed. ( the use case for this are newsfeeds where order of the news is manually ordered by drag and drop in place of date.

Best regards,
Øyvind Graham

Re: After updating 7.x-1.18 no more page feed, and rss feed sort is backwards

McBride, Ian S.
There’s an issue with RSS feeds in 7.x-1.18 that affects page feeds. I’ve provided a patch here that will be included in the next tagged release:

https://www.drupal.org/node/2341735

> On Nov 10, 2014, at 7:20 AM, grahamtk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi!
> Is this just affecting our site, www.nmbu.no?
>
> A rss page won't display mm page feeds anymore ( pick a mm page with tree
> browser) and when displaying a rss feed the items show up with the five
> newest items, but with the oldest of these five items on top. ( news are
> usually sorted from newest to older.
> Example with news page and feed side by side:
> http://www.nmbu.no/student/aktuelt
>
> Our rss feed:
> www.nmbu.no/rssfeed/3412/rss.xml
> is sorted by newest to older.
> ( where 3412 is the mmtid of the page with the nodes)
>
> I am not using the mm rss feed because I could not figure out how to add
> images to the regular drupal feed ( www.nmbu.no/path/to/mmpage/feed ) so I
> made a more advanced feed with the views_rss module using mm_views
> integration.  ( I also had problems with html markup from field templates in
> the output of the fields configured with the standard drupal feed, which was
> by design I suspect, as rss 2.0 allows markup in rss items.
>
> I also had to change the sorting of the new rss feed to use updated date
> because sorting by rss page weight or rss node weight didn't affect the rss
> page ordering - as they now use date from rss item and not the sorting of
> the rss items in the rss feed. ( the use case for this are newsfeeds where
> order of the news is manually ordered by drag and drop in place of date.
>
> Best regards,
> Øyvind Graham

> or send a blank email to [hidden email]

Re: After updating 7.x-1.18 no more page feed, and rss feed sort is backwards

I was going to wait another week or so before creating another release
to see if there were any comments on the export/import code. In the
meantime, you can apply the patch referred to in the link Ian provided,
if you like, or use this "official" version from git:

http://cgit.drupalcode.org/monster_menus/diff/?id=9a301cc&id2=fa5a20fae62f786d4ae7b4187e21ed63113e3749

On 11/10/14 8:49 AM, McBride, Ian S. wrote:

> There’s an issue with RSS feeds in 7.x-1.18 that affects page feeds. I’ve provided a patch here that will be included in the next tagged release:
>
> https://www.drupal.org/node/2341735
>

>> On Nov 10, 2014, at 7:20 AM, grahamtk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>> Is this just affecting our site, www.nmbu.no?
>>
>> A rss page won't display mm page feeds anymore ( pick a mm page with tree
>> browser) and when displaying a rss feed the items show up with the five
>> newest items, but with the oldest of these five items on top. ( news are
>> usually sorted from newest to older.
>> Example with news page and feed side by side:
>> http://www.nmbu.no/student/aktuelt
>>
>> Our rss feed:
>> www.nmbu.no/rssfeed/3412/rss.xml
>> is sorted by newest to older.
>> ( where 3412 is the mmtid of the page with the nodes)
>>
>> I am not using the mm rss feed because I could not figure out how to add
>> images to the regular drupal feed ( www.nmbu.no/path/to/mmpage/feed ) so I
>> made a more advanced feed with the views_rss module using mm_views
>> integration.  ( I also had problems with html markup from field templates in
>> the output of the fields configured with the standard drupal feed, which was
>> by design I suspect, as rss 2.0 allows markup in rss items.
>>
>> I also had to change the sorting of the new rss feed to use updated date
>> because sorting by rss page weight or rss node weight didn't affect the rss
>> page ordering - as they now use date from rss item and not the sorting of
>> the rss items in the rss feed. ( the use case for this are newsfeeds where
>> order of the news is manually ordered by drag and drop in place of date.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Øyvind Graham
>>

>> --
>> or send a blank email to [hidden email]
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to monster_menus as: [hidden email].
> or send a blank email to [hidden email]

Re: After updating 7.x-1.18 no more page feed, and rss feed sort is backwards

grahamtk
Installing the patch did the trick with the page feeds.

The reverse sorting of the rss feeds was due to a language specific date
format in the rss feed, changed it to an american date format.

About sorting rss feeds the way the items appear in the rss feed? is this
possible with current rss_page module? This way a moderated feed that
matches a moderated front page is possible.

On 11/11/14 3:41 PM, grahamtk wrote:
> About sorting rss feeds the way the items appear in the rss feed? is this
> possible with current rss_page module? This way a moderated feed that
> matches a moderated front page is possible.
I don't understand what you're asking. Could you please give an example?
Be sure to describe what you would like the sorting to be, and how it is
being sorted now.

Re: After updating 7.x-1.18 no more page feed, and rss feed sort is backwards

The page feed is sorted by node weight on page. The same could be desireable for a rss feed.

Some feeds are sorted by the order of appearance on a page, not by date but this might be in conflict with the rss specs.

Mvh.
Øyvind Graham

Den 11. nov. 2014 kl. 22.17 skrev Dan Wilga [via Monster Menus] <[hidden email]>:

On 11/11/14 3:41 PM, grahamtk wrote:
> About sorting rss feeds the way the items appear in the rss feed? is this
> possible with current rss_page module? This way a moderated feed that
> matches a moderated front page is possible.
I don't understand what you're asking. Could you please give an example?
Be sure to describe what you would like the sorting to be, and how it is
being sorted now.

To start a new topic under Monster Menus, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Monster Menus, click here.
NAML